February 9, 2011
We had a pretty good day today. Jaela is getting better really fast. At first they thought she'd have to be on antibiotics for 7-10 days, but today was day 4 and they took her off the antibiotics and took all her IV's out. Luckily we were there when they took the one out of her head so I could slowly take the tape out and not pull out any hair. They took the tube out of her mouth that drove her crazy and put one back in her nose. During all the changing the nurse took all the tape off her face and that was the first time I'd ever seen her without some sort of tape. I almost didn't recognize her :) They're letter her eat again and she's starting out slowly. She had about 20 mg today and no throw up which was good. We're so happy she's getting better. The nurse practitioner told us what they would have to do if she gets sick again and it's really risky for her, so we keep praying that she continues to do so well. And we want to thank everyone again for continual prays and the family fast. We'll end this post with a special note from Jaela to her wonderful family.
Oh my GOSH! She is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!!! I just kept saying that over and over and over to Tim! (I'm sure he's sick of hearing it by now :)) I really cannot get over how cute she is! And that hat and flower? SO cute! Uh, I just want to hold her and smother her with kisses!
ReplyDeleteOk, I am SO mad because I wrote a really long comment on yesterday's post and today I looked and it wasn't there! >:( ERR! so, I will try to remember some of what I said. I LOVE all the hairdos! They are so funny! I think my favorite is the stuck her finger in a socket one! And I think that a love of doing hair must be a Bennett boy trait cuz both Tim and Kelly love to comb Kate's hair! I am SOOO beyond thrilled that she is doing SO much better! That is the best news we've heard all day! :) I'm so glad that you have this fun blog! I love it and love you guys!
ps. i love the note that Jaela gave us! Kate did that one day, too and I could not get over how cute it was!
ReplyDelete