Jaela & Hadley

Jaela & Hadley

Sunday, February 13, 2011

February 13, 2011


For those of you who have children and read this, have you ever looked at your child with awe, and wondered how so much poop can come out of something so small? We gave our pretty little Jaela a bath and changed her diaper so naturally she went to the bathroom all over. :) It's a good thing she's so cute!


The best part of the day for me what when we got her in some pajamas. The poor thing hasn't ever had any clothes on so we thought we try these pj's out and she loved them! And it wasn't even a struggle to get her in them. The occupational therapists told us we'd have a hard time getting her in clothes, which is definitely the case for some things like nb onsies, but these button down both legs and it was a piece of cake. And Jaela says thank you to Tim, Melissa, and Kate for the cute pj's.

Everything medical is still looking good. She's almost up to full feedings and she's tolerated everything great so far. The nurse practitioner stopped by today and told us that today or tomorrow we'd come up with a plan/schedule for getting her home. It may still be a week or more before we can, but it will still be nice to maybe have a date and not always be day to day.

I have one thought/experience I want to share. I love how sometimes simple things can touch our hearts and bring us peace. We've known for a while that our little girl was going to look different and quite possibly never walk. This was something very hard for me to deal with. No parent ever thinks they will need to buy a pink wheel chair instead of a pink bicycle. But one during primary singing time a few months ago we sang the song "I'll Walk With You."

If you don't walk as most people do,
Some people walk away from you,
But I won't! I won't!
If you don't talk as most people do,
Some people talk and laugh at you,
But I won't! I won't!
I'll walk with you. I'll talk with you.
That's how I'll show my love for you.

http://lds.org/churchmusic/detailmusicPlayer/index.html?searchlanguage=1&searchcollection=2&searchseqstart=140&searchsubseqstart=%20&searchseqend=140&searchsubseqend=ZZZ

I had to stifle my tears. My heart was touched. I knew that even though there may be people who don't accept her for how she looks, there a many more that do love her, and will love her, no matter what.



3 comments:

  1. Stacey, I love that song too. Maybe because I have worked around these little kids. We do love Jaela. And you and Jeremy.
    Love, MomB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got all teary-eyed when I saw Jaela in her PJ's! She looks SO CUTE!!! I'm so happy she likes them! :) And that is so funny about the poop! When I read "have you ever looked at your child in awe" I thought you were going to say something sentimental :) but yes, I have wondered the same thing! And I wondered how in the world something so tiny & cute could make something SO SMELLY, too! :)
    That is AWESOME that everything medical is looking good! And I'm so happy you get to start making a plan for going home! YIPPEE!!
    I love that song, too. Don't you just love tender mercies like that? We love cutie Jaela so much and hope and pray she will be able to feel our love and Heavenly Father's love for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacey and Jeremy, we are kind of slow in working out these technical new systems but we have been keeping track and praying constantly for little Jaela. We particularly like the reports which say "she is better today or she is eating better, or there are signs that we may be able to bring her home soon." The pictures certainly look like she is PERFECT and maybe she will be. What really is the Lords plan for her?? Is she gaining weight and growing?
    We do love you all so much.
    That is a nice song.We have never heard it befor? Is there a story behind it?
    Grandma & Grandpa T

    ReplyDelete