Jaela & Hadley

Jaela & Hadley

Saturday, February 12, 2011

February 12, 2011


Today was a little rough. The doctors have decided to use morphine as a last resort (which we're really happy about) if nothing else will calm her down. Usually when she's inconsolable it's because she's in pain. Of course we don't want her to hurt, but it's just so hard to get her to stay awake long enough to eat when they give her morphine (and they do still give her Tylenol for pain and it doesn't make her as sleepy). But today she was so fussy that she wouldn't calm down enough to eat, and when we could calm her down, she'd fall asleep really fast. So she didn't eat anything by mouth for us today. We'll try again tomorrow though. But the doctors are saying she is getting much better and they like the progress she's making.

All parents that have a baby in the NICU have to go through a discharge training before they can take their baby home. We did that today because they only do it every other week and we're hoping and praying we won't be there that long. Mostly it was a complete waste of time for us. Almost everything they said was for premature babies. So they made us leave our baby for two hours and the only thing that was
somewhat helpful was the 10 minutes of CPR training at the end. Oh well. At least it's over and it's one less thing keeping us there.

Here's the cute picture for the day. Jeremy was propping her up on her side to get her off her back and he got comfy and they both took a nap together. I just love that she's got a hold of him with both hands. She loves her daddy!

So I keep saying how much Jaela loves it when Jeremy rubs her head or plays with her hair, so I thought I'd put a video of it on here for fun. And I swear she knows Jeremy's touch and likes it the best. No one can do it quite like he can.



We are loving all the comments! It's like a treat each day to see what people say.

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't get the video to work, but love reading about Baby Jaela. Hopefully Jaela can get off her morphine for tomorrow. I showed Dallin the picture of Jaela with the hat and no tubes in this morning and the first thing he said (after saying how cute she is) was, "Wow, she looks like Jeremy." The picture of them both sleeping is precious too. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber I got the video fixed (and by I, I mean Ryan). Hopefully you can see it now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so great that she's off the morphine! I was wondering if that was what was making her so sleepy! Hopefully she'll get ajusted and eat better for you today! That's awesome that the doctors are so happy with her progress! That make me happy, too! Sorry you had to sit through that NICU training. :( I hate it when I have to go to something long, boring and pointless! I'm sure it was especially hard cuz it's time you could have spent with Jaela! But, like you said, it just means you're one step closer to going HOME!!! I LOVE the picture of that daddy and his cutie little girl taking a nap together! I don't know why, but I think that is the sweetest thing whenever I find Tim and Kate that way! And that video was so cute! Over-stimulating? whatever! She loves it! I'm so glad that other then today's (or yesterday I mean) not wanting to eat by mouth, everything is looking up! Our prayers are being anwered! YAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete