Jaela & Hadley

Jaela & Hadley

Monday, April 25, 2011

I'm One of Those Mothers

I'm one of those mothers... My baby has a mullet that I refuse to cut.

I don't have the heart to cut off any of her hair yet.


I have more crazy hair pictures! (besides the mullet :))


This is a Jeremy creation.


Jeremy got Jaela dressed this day while I was at church. Don't you love the way dads get their babies ready? Notice the faux hawk and the mismatched socks :)

I had to put more pictures of her sunglasses on here. She just looks so cute in them!



My cousin Amber asked a good question. One that I should have thought to answer a long time ago.

"Do you think that Jaela has broken any bones since birth? How would you be able to tell if she did? I know these may be super basic, but I was just curious. There were so many times when Jackson was little that he cried and I had no idea what was wrong."

The doctors in the NICU did think that she broke another rib or two while she was there, but they weren't sure. Other than that we don't think she's broken any bones. Key word: think. Usually we suspect something is wrong if she cries when she moves a certain part of her body. Like after the physical therapist. Any time we touched or moved her right leg she got really mad. That's why we thought he may have broken something. Also we can gently squeeze along her body and if she cries (other than normal cry, more painful sounding) then we suspect a broken bone. That hasn't happened yet thank goodness. Sometimes she'll just cry like any other baby, but the important this is she calms down. We think if she was in pain from a break that she wouldn't calm down. We have given her Tylenol from time to time when she seems inconsolable. The pediatrician at Shriner's did say that a lot of times these kids have a dull pain all the time from micro fractures. We don't like to give it to her often though, like every time she cries. We don't want to sedate her unnecessarily. I hope that answers your question Amber. If not, let me know :)

Michael and Megan (if you still have time to read this and haven't heard the story yet) I have a funny story to tell you. We were over at the Bennett's on Easter and during dinner I had Jaela on my lap facing everybody. Derek (Jeremy's sister's husband) was sitting across from me and when Jaela looked at him he shook his head and Jaela did it back to him! For those of you who don't know why this is funny, Michael (Jeremy's brother) and Megan's 18 month old son James refers to Derek by shaking his head instead of saying his name.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for answering my question Stacey. You did a great job. You guys are such great parents for beautiful baby Jaela. I can't wait until we get to see her again. Dang RSV season. :-) I hope everything is going well for you in the Logan world. Miss you guys. And I took over a year before I would finally let Dallin convince me to cut Jackson's hair. Even with Jackson's little fro. Love the mullet. She has beautiful hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha! I am one of those kind of mothers, too! When I FINALLY gave in and cut Kate's crazy long chunk of hair I saved EVERY little hair in a ziploc bag for her baby book! I don't know why I'm so attached to her hair, but I am!

    I agree with you completely that kids in sunglasses are THE CUTEST! Jaela is no exception! :) I LOVE that polka dot dress/skirt (can't tell which cause of the seatbelt :)) by the way!

    That is hilarious about Jaela and Derek! I bet you were all rolling on the floor laughing! :D

    Jaela is looking so much older! They change so fast, don't they? I hate it. I wish we could make time stand still for a little while, especially in those extra happy moments!


    PS. another way to tell if Daddy dressed them or not is if they have a bow in their hair! Tim ALWAYS forgets the bow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ps. YES YES YES! We can FOR SURE take pictures of Kate and Jaela together!!! I can't wait! One month until we're in UT!

    ReplyDelete