I've recently joined groups on Facebook and Yahoo! for parents with OI children. A few days after I'd joined, a MOM posted about her 16 week old baby who had passed due to OI complications.

It broke my heart. It very easily could have been us that lost our baby.

It broke my heart. It very easily could have been us that lost our baby.
She's doing a lot to help the OI community and especially moms who have just had their baby. She's making care packages to send to new moms but obviously can't do it on her own. She has a LIST of ways that people can help. I thought that if any of you that read this and are in Young Womens, Relief Society, or even Primary and are in need of a service project, that this would be a wonderful way to help out. You don't have to complete a basket to help. This would be a good opportunity for a Young Woman in your ward that is trying to earn her Personal Progress, or for an Eagle Scout project, or Family Home Evening activity.
I really can't tell you how much it means to new moms of OI babies to know that people care and want to help. Jeremy and I have such wonderful families and had so much help and encouragement, but I can't imagine what it would be like to do it on my own. It's a very scary time to think that your baby may not live, and if they do you're life will be filled with doctors appointments, and surgery's, medical equipment, and casts, and all sorts of things you never thought you'd have to deal with. Once you've come to grips with the big things, you wonder, "how am I even going to dress this baby?"
My mom did find these onesies that were perfect.

They're pretty inexpensive if that's something someone would want to do. I've found them at Target, Sears, and walmart.com.
The outfits that have snaps all the way down the front are also really easy to get on and don't need any alterations. I know the summer season will be over soon, but they can be worn with pants to make it wearable in fall and winter. They're on sale right now at Carter's and Kohl's.
I would appreciate it if anyone could help and I know that Chris (the mom) would love it as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment