Jaela & Hadley

Jaela & Hadley

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

March 9, 2011


Grammy's getting into the hair doing business along with Jeremy. I left them alone for two minutes and look what she did to Jaela's hair!


Sad story about this outfit. I spent quite a while figuring out how to get this on. I went from the bottom then the top, then the bottom, then the top. It's harder than most things to get on because it doesn't stretch. It took three of us to get it on her but we finally did and of course she looked super cute in it. Then a few minutes later she threw up all over it. The only thing we could do was pick the side seam to get it off of her. Guess snaps are going in this shirt too.


I should probably should explain what we're planning on with the snaps. We're going to cut the inseam out of all her pants and a side out of some of her shirts and put snaps in so the clothes are easier to get on and we don't have to take her pants off to change her diaper. Just because she's fragile doesn't mean she can't wear the cutest clothes!


My mom has been in Logan with me for a few days to help me get settled and one afternoon she was trying to get her to take a bottle. This is as far as the attempt went... You can see the little bit of milk on her lip. She could not be bothered :)

We think Jaela does some of the cutest things. Her grandma Diane made her a blanket that has a soft fuzzy lining. I was holding her in it the other day and her mouth ended up right by the fluff. I think she enjoyed it :) My mom and I laughed so hard!



On a medical note- A side effect of OI is hearing loss. We'd read that it usually comes later in life, but when she had her routine hearing test at the U they said she already has moderate hearing loss. It's probably either because the bones in her ear broke, or they didn't form correctly. We have a follow up appointment on Monday and hopefully we'll learn more. But hearing aids will most likely be in her future.

We went to the pediatrician today and she's still gaining weight nicely and her oxygen levels are so good that he said we can turn it down. She was on 1/8 liter an hour and now we've reduced it to 1/16.

3 comments:

  1. She looks so cute in all her little outfits! I don't blame you one bit for wanting to dress her up in all of them.

    Too bad they don't make bottles out of that fuzzy stuff. James loved to lick it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear you could dive right in Jaela's eyes! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys, I just got a text from Jeremy this morning informing me about the blog, and I have been pouring over it for the past little while.
    First of all, your baby girl is SO beautiful! I love her hair, eyes, everything. (: What a cutie.
    I so admire you both for your strength, and please know that you and baby Jaela will be in our prayers. Like you said, I agree that she is a chosen daughter of God, and I also feel the same about her parents.
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete